Skip to main content

Parent's Right to Know

Parents’ Right to Know

Regulations 200.61


August 1, 2014


Dear Parent:


Your child’s school receives Title I Funding and is included under the regulations of the “No Child Left Behind Act”  (NCLB) that was signed into law by President Bush on January 8, 2002.


NCLB requires:

  • Increased accountability for states and school districts
  • Greater choice for parents, especially those in low performing schools
  • Greater flexibility for state and local education agencies in the use of federal funding.


Under NCLB, parents have a right to request professional qualifications of their children’s teacher(s) or paraprofessional(s).  This letter is to inform you of your right to ask for the following information about your classroom teachers or paraprofessionals:


*Whether Oklahoma has licensed the teacher for the grades and subjects he or she   teaches.

*Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which Oklahoma licensing criteria have been waived.

*The teacher’s baccalaureate degree major and whether the teacher has any advanced degrees, and if so, the subject of the degrees.

*Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and , if so, their qualifications.


If you would like to receive specific information about your child’s teacher or paraprofessional, please contact your school principal.


Our district is fully committed to the success of your child.  We appreciate your partnership in our efforts to provide the best education for your child.




Mr. Eric Webb

Assistant Superintendent








Title I Parents Rights to Know









News release to be run Tuesday, August 1st,  2014

Small Block Ad



Parents Right to Know



When requested of the principal, Blackwell District sites receiving Title I funding will provide, to parents, the following certification information regarding their child’s teacher or paraprofessional:


-Oklahoma Licensing confirmation for grades and subjects the teacher teaches.

-Any waiver of Oklahoma Licensing criteria that allows emergency or provisional


-Baccalaureate degree major, any advanced degrees and subjects for those degrees.

-Paraprofessional services, if any are  provided their child, and  any qualifications.